Immune system is like a shield that protects our body from various disease. Keeping your immune system healthy and energized is essential to minimize your chances of falling sick. A strong immune system needs a diet rich in proteins and vitamins. Here are some fruit recipes that are good for your immunity.
Apple, Carrot and Orange Juice
- 1 apple
- 2 large organic carrots
- 1 peeled orange
To prepare this juice all you need is to place all the above ingredients in the juicer and your juice is ready!
This recipe is rich in Vitamins (A, B-6 and C), potassium and folic acid which are very helpful in fighting against the infections.
Orange and grapefruit
The combination of orange and grapefruit is helpful in healing damaged cells due to the presence of vitamin C which has antioxidants properties. It contains some essential nutrients like zinc, folic acid and vitamins which are beneficial for keeping immune system strong and healthy.
The most effective way of consuming tomato juice is without adding any other ingredients. All you need is to drain out juice from tomato by using sieve. It contains Vitamin A and C, iron and folate which are very helpful for our immune system.
Strawberry and mango
The combination of strawberry and mango is very effective in enhancing your immune system and make it healthy and strong. It is especially beneficial for old aged people. It is rich in Vitamin A, C, E, iron, folate and also have antioxidant properties which are good for your immune system.
Watermelon not only treats your immune system but also helps in relieving muscle soreness which is an early indication of flu. If you want you can also add apple and orange to it for adding taste.
Disclaimer: Any medical advice on this article should not be used as a qualified medical opinion. We strongly advise you to consult a qualified specialist for your medical concerns.
Research Sources :
- Calder, P. C., & Kew, S. (2002). The immune system: A target for functional foods? British Journal of Nutrition, 88(2), 165–177
- Collins, J. K., Wu, G., Perkins-Veazie, P., Spears, K., Claypool, P. L., Baker, R. A., & Clevidence, B. A. (2007, March). Watermelon consumption increases plasma arginine concentrations in adults. Nutrition, 23(3), 261–266
- Drake, V. J. (2015). Immunity in depth
- Healthy diet fights infection by boosting immune system. (2013, May)
- Mora, J. R., Iwata, M., & von Andrian, U. H. (2008, September). Vitamin effects on the immune system: Vitamin A and D take centre stage. National Review of Immunology, 8(9), 685–698
- Wintergerset, E. S., Maggini, S., & Hornig, D. H. (2006). Immune-enhancing role of vitamin C and zinc and effect on clinical conditions. Annals of Nutrition & Metabolism, 50, 85–94